29.8.09

Unbelief


I've been following the articles about Jaycee Dugard; the little girl who was taken by a stranger at age 11 while she waited for the bus. Now she is 29 and has been found, with two children of her own due to a psycho forcing himself on her, living in that man's backyard for 18 years. Read more here.

For some reason this story has really grabbed my attention. One thing that I simply cannot believe is that the police were actually notified about this horrible man keeping women in his backyard in tents. "Probation officers showed up at the home, too, but had no inkling that his back yard was actually a labyrinth of tents, sheds and buildings that were Dugard's prison."

No inkling? Just look at his house on google maps for heaven's sake. The backyard is OBVIOUSLY strewn with weird sheds and blue tarps/tents.

"Hidden in plain sight" as this article states? I don't think hidden at all. You can look on google maps and see the exact yard objects that are in the photos included with that article.

I don't get it. How could resources that are available to us all--to me--not have been used to help rescue this girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment